Our two day Cairo tour from Eilat is a great way to see many sites in a short amount of time. Cairo is the home to some of the most famous pyramids in the world. The pyramids in Cairo are an astounding site to see. They were built to house the dead Pharaohs, and their nobels. You will tour the Egyptian Museum with its vast collection of ancient artifacts. The museum holds over 160,000 paintings, sculptures, ancient coins, mummies, and crypts.
Visit includes the famous Pyramids of Giza, the Egyptian Museum, the Papyrus Institute, the Sphinx and the Khan el Khalil Bazaar. You will also see the Sakkara, the Mohammed Ali Castle and get a feel for the culture of the bustling city of Cairo.
While visiting these sites, enjoy an authentic Egyptian lunch at a local restaurant where you will be exposed to the flavors of Egyptian cuisine. This two day Cairo tour also visits the Suez Canal, the River Nile and includes a beautiful drive through the Sinai Desert. With options for starting and ending from Eilat or Tel Aviv, our two day Cairo tour is a great choice to explore the many sites of Cairo.
- Pickup from your accomodation in Eilat, and drive towards south along the of the Red Sea, for Taba Border Crossing.
- Travel through the stunning landscape of the Sinai Dessert along the way to the Suez Canal to the Egyptian capital of Cairo.
- Arrive at mega-city Cairo as the sun rises.
- Treasures the archaeology by visiting the Egyptian Museum which is the home of one of the world’s greatest archaeological sites.
- Learn about the amazing Papyrus used by the ancient Egyptians by visiting the Papyrus Institute
- Taste authentic Egyptian food.
- Visit the world-famous Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren, and Mykerinus, one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Witness the incredible manifestation which is the Sphinx
- Take a stroll through the impressive Cairo’s old bazaar, Khan El Khalili Bazaar, the magnificent market (souk).
- Overnight at a hotel in Cairo.
- Visit Sakkara, the ancient burial ground which acts as the necropolis for the Ancient Egyptian capital, Memphis
- Explore the Mohammed Ali Castle, one of Cairo’s most elaborate and famous mosques, complete with its fortress
21:00 Pick up from your hotel and transport to Taba Border.
21:30 Meeting and assisting at Taba border with our English-speaking guide.
This process may take up to an hour - your patience is appreciated!
22:00 We start travelling to Egypt westward across the Sinai desert via the
Suez Canal to Cairo.
06:30 Starting a full day tour, visiting the Egyptian museum, famous for
its antiquities dating back about 50 centuries, including the great
archaeological treasures from Tut-Ankh-Amun’s tomb. (A visit to the
Mummy room entails an additional 100 LE p.p.) We'll continue to
the Papyrus institute for a demonstration of how paper was made
and an explanation of hieroglyphics.
13:00 After lunch at a local restaurant, we'll visit the Cairo Pyramids,
the only remaining wonder of the ancient world, and as such, the
world’s oldest tourist attraction. We will also visit the Sphinx, and continue to the old famous Market Khan El Khalili.
17:00 Arrival to the hotel in Cairo, a free evening in the city.
* We recommend you visit all the beautiful Cairo sites by night, you
can explore it with the city map given at the hotel.
After breakfast, we will visit Sakkara an ancient burial site near Cairo which was the tomb city of Memphis - the Capital of ancient Egypt.
We continue then to Mohammed Ali Castle - one of the most frequently visited mosques in ALL Egypt.
15:00 We will have lunch at a local authentic restaurant
18:00 Transfer back to Taba border crossing.
03:00-04:00 Arrival at the border and return to Israeli territory.
* Time of arrival is approximate due to long distance drive
04:30 The tour ends, Thank you from Fun-Time .